Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Yellowstone Day 4

Final day in the park began looking for Agates in the area from Saturday. No luck and we headed east. It was a very quiet morning in the park. There was not much moving. The park service takes the speed limits very seriously. This is the latest enforcement method.



I spent the previous three days attempting to photograph these ducks and skimmers. Every time I got close, they took off. Finally, I was rewarded with them staying in place long enough to snap a few photos.



While the Agates remained elusive, I did locate the Druids who had made a kill earlier in the morning. They took down a large bull elk about 1/2 mile from the road. This is about the best of the batch of pictures as the kill site was not easy to photograph.



This ended the trip on a successful note. As I was headed to relax at Chico Hot Springs, there was a road kill with several bald and golden eagles. Another car scared them off the roadkill but this guy few close enough to get a few photos.



I hope you have enjoyed the photos.

No comments: